Prior experiences have led Keturah on her unique journey and she looks forward to seeing more people thrive in their relationships as a person of support.
She served as a featured speaker at the 2012 Single, Saved, & Satisfied Conference in Virginia and the 2013 New Jersey Association of Ministers’ Wives & Ministers’ Widows Retreat. She later wrote her first book about faith and marriage in 2015. Her desire was to further her educational studies, so she completed Advanced Training at the Center for Pastoral Counseling at Emerge Counseling Services in 2017 with a specialization in Emotional Management. She later received facilitator certifications in both Bible-based Trauma Healing and the SYMBIS (Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts) Assessment. Additionally, she completed professional development training at the American Association of Christian Counselors (Grief + Loss Coaching).
As a “Relationship Enthusiast” – Keturah simply desires to see people love and receive love “well” as teen dating violence, domestic abuse, and family dysfunction continues to plague individuals and communities. She has a heart for those who suffer in unhealthy relationships as she is no stranger to overcoming relationship problems herself in the past as a result of God’s intervention in her life and the support of some great people.
As an “Advocate of Wellness” – Keturah uses this platform to address the “matters of the heart.” Her prayer is that those who connect be led wisely and purposefully in their journey despite conflicting emotions and adversity. She understands the power of helping people navigate biblical scripture and applicable tools as they process some of the most difficult moments of their lives.
Faith, Accountability, and Transparency are at the core of Keturah’s work at Healthy Relationships Network:
- Faith: Leads us to a source (God) that helps us reach beyond our human capabilities
- Accountability: Leads us to avoiding isolation on our relationship journey while being inspired by knowledgeable insight, testimonies, etc.
- Transparency: Leads us to stop “hiding” behind shame and dysfunction while gaining a safe place to communicate
Two of Keturah’s greatest joys and most important roles are being a wife to Jason for the last 14 years and a mom to Jordyn, a “spunky” First Grader.
- Thomas Edison State University (Bachelor of Arts in Sociology)
- Purdue University Global – formerly Kaplan University (Masters Degree in Education)
- Center for Pastoral Counseling (Certificate of Completion in Emotional Management)
- Trauma Healing Institute at American Bible Society (Certified Trauma Healing Facilitator)
- SYMBIS – Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts (Certified SYMBIS Facilitator)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (Professional Development in Grief + Loss Coaching)
- Jameson School of Ministry (Professional Development in Church Leadership + Biblical Studies)
RECENT SPEAKING + COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: How to Stay Emotionally & Spiritually Healthy (Guest Speaker/Panelist) – September 2020
- The GEM Experience (Guest Panelist: Mental Wellness + Domestic Violence) – February 2020
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: Women’s Retreat (Guest Speaker) – October 2019
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: Women’s Workshop Series (Guest Speaker + Facilitator) – April 2019
- Mercer County College: InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (Guest Speaker) – March 2019
- WIMG 1300 Radio: Today’s Topic (Radio Guest) – February 2019
- African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey: Empowerment Hour Radio Show (Radio Guest) – September 2018
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania: Queen’s Gathering 2018 (Guest Speaker + Facilitator) – October 2018
- Eastern University: Goode Scholars Leadership Program/Fall Semester (Guest Speaker) – October 2018
- Healthy Relationships Network Support Groups – Abuse Prevention + Trauma Healing (Organizer/Facilitator) – June 2018 – June 2019
- Bargain Shopping
- Traveling to Interesting Places